Welcome to Highland's Baptist Church
Higlands Baptist Church was born out of a spirit of prayer and the missionary vision of First Baptist Church, La Marque. In early 1951, the vision began to take form when five lots were purchased on Layman Drive in the Cedar Terace Subdivision. Ground was broken and the first building was constructed by the membership of the other church. We were known as the Cedar Terrace Baptist Chapel.
In an organizational meeting on February 15, 1953, the chapel became a church. By March 15, 1953, the church was a self-sustaining autonomous body and by secret ballot was named Highlands Baptist Church.
Highlands has had only six pastors: Rev. Charles Williamson, Rev. J. V. Helms, Rev. Leo Smith, Rev. Mike Williams, Rev. David Dinkins, Rev. Robby K. Magee.
Over the years, remodeling programs have brought about change and resulted in the beautification and updating of our facilities. Our community has seen change; however, the heartbeat of Highlands has never changed. Missions and mission involvement continue to be our heartbeat. God has truly blessed Highlands, but more than this, God is blessing through Highlands. Our church continues to be ready for a bright future of ministry in the community and even around the world. Highlands Baptist Church is still a church with a vision.
What We Believe
Highlands Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist Church. Among our core beliefs, we affirm the following doctrinal distinctives. If you would like to see a more detailed statement of our doctrinal positions then please check out the Baptist Faith & Message.